Friday 9 September 2011

Preeya's final blog

Preeya Parmar final blog post from her work placement with TMC:

"My experience at TMC has been very useful in allowing me to become familiar with accounting processes used in a real working environment. I have been able to gain knowledge on the important accounting computer system, SAGE which is used daily to carry out activities. My A level accounting knowledge has been put into practice by carrying out tasks usually completed by the finance team at TMC such as inputting supplier invoices, remittances, helping with petty cash checks and filing of invoices and bank statements. I was also shown the process of bank reconciliation and inputting business expenses. From my work experience, I have gained a better understanding of accounting and its processes in a business organisation.



I have definitely taken away valuable experience and a wider understanding of accountancy which will help me throughout my degree at university this year.


My overall time at TMC has been very enjoyable and I have had fun meeting and becoming part of the finance team for a few weeks! Staff are very friendly and helpful! I very much appreciate this opportunity given to me and would like to thank the whole team for the chance to become part of TMC and would love to come back!"

Thanks Preeya!

No comments:

Post a Comment