Wednesday 3 August 2011

Preeya's first week at TMC

Last week we introduced 18-year-old Preeya Parmar who joined team TMC for a three-week work placement.
Preeya, who is currently studying for her A Levels in Accounting, Business Studies and Psychology at Beauchamp College, has been working with the TMC finance team.


Here's what she's been up to:

(From left to right) Celyne, Preeya, Katrina and Lila talking numbers

"I have recently started work experience at TMC and so far I have enjoyed it. Coming here, I have been given the opportunity to get an insight into a real life work environment and the accountancy processes within the organisation. Whilst being here, I have been working closely with the Finance team. On my first day, I was given an induction on the work building, the structure of the organisation and staff members within the team. Celyne, a member of the finance team, gave me a useful introduction on the main accounting computer system SAGE. I was then taught how to process supplier invoices into SAGE. Throughout the day, I was given some time to put what I had learnt into practice independently. This allowed me to gain a better understanding of how accounting processes work. Manisha, the Communications Manager, showed me what her job entails being in the Communications team. At the end of the day, Bev gave me a more detailed understanding of TMC itself which I found informative.

                               (From left to right) Preeya and Lila at the TMC office



For the next couple of days, I was taught how to print and record supplier invoices and schools into the SAGE system. This allowed me to relate my accountancy knowledge which I learnt in college to real life processes. I was also given information on how school grants worked within the system. Along with this, I was also given the chance to do some filing of invoices and bank statements. Meetings were also carried out with Lila to check on my progress and experience at TMC.


Staff members at TMC have been really friendly and helped me when needed.


So far, my experience at TMC has been very useful as it has allowed me to gain a wider understanding of the accountancy field in an organisation which can help me further in the future."
The TMC finance team (From left to right) Celyne, Preeya, Katrina and Lila

No comments:

Post a Comment